Dan Powell | 3D Environment & Props Artist
An outstanding first class honours graduate in Games Design, producing a diverse and innovative portfolio of 3D artwork for games, specialising in hard-surface and environment assets. I am a determined, yet personable and versatile team player, who is able to challenge, inspire, and lead others to exceed expectations, and deliver exceptional results within an evolving industry.
Sheffield Hallam University (Degree) (2012 - 2016)
- Achieved a First Class Master in Arts degree in Games Design.
- Key member of an eight-strong team who produced Rink Riot, a multi award-winning game at the 2016 Game Republic networking event.
- Created an imposing sci-fi game environment via the Unreal Engine 4, based on artwork from Routine, an upcoming game franchise.
- Produced a futuristic, dystopian, game-ready 3D firearm concept through to final creation.
- Composed an academic article discussing the best practices for creating hard-surface 3D models for video games.
In addition to my studies I was an active student representative for two years; providing feedback on behalf of my peers to the university academics, with the aim of improving the course.
Countesthorpe Community College (GCSE – GCE/A Levels) (2008 - 2012)
- A level Design (A) and Computing (C). AS level English (C) and Maths (C).
- A total of 10 GCSEs including English (AB), Maths (C), and Science (BC).
- Exceptional knowledge of producing 3D art assets, from concept to completion, ensuring appropriate optimisation and functionality within the target game engine.
- A natural flare for creating believable, immersive game worlds/assets which complement theme, narrative, and gameplay.
- Strong day-to-day knowledge of visual scripting inside of Unreal 4 and GameMaker Studio.
- Experienced of project management, most notably through task management solutions such as Slack and Trello, making use methodologies such as Agile/Scrum.
Notably, I am experienced/competent in the following software packages:
- 3DS Max
- Photoshop CC
- Quixel Suite
- Unreal Engine
- Marmoset Toolbag
- Passionate in pursuing industry advancements and learning new technologies.
- Self-motivated to produce excellent work with an organised, attentive approach to detail.
- Accustomed to both sharing and proactively seeking feedback.
- Natural team player, working both well with, and motivating, teammates.
- Logical and conscientious approach to problem solving.
- Smart, presentable, and articulate.